My business law advice primarily covers corporate and commercial law. The focus is on the design, review and negotiation of contracts for corporations (GmbH, UG) and commercial companies (KG, OHG, BGB companies) in German and English.
In the many years of my professional life, I have been assisting clients particularly with the contracts listed here:
- Articles of Association (charters, by laws),
- Company Purchase Agreements (M & A),
- Participation agreements (financing),
- Shareholder agreements (voting arrangements),
- Co-Sale regulations (‘tag along’ and ‘drag along’),
- Capital Increases (hidden contributions in kind),
- Cooperation Agreements (joint ventures).
In connection with this, I frequently advise on problems in commercial law (purchase contracts, licenses) and in competition law (unfair advertising).
Problem-solving by agreement or settlement is superior to the decision of a dispute by judgment and foreclosure. It’s about analysing and balancing conflicting interests (win-win situation). I can do that. I have often brought together parties in disagreement to a face-saving solution or achieved mutually satisfactory agreements through cooperative negotiations in complex projects.
Experience is vital for transactions of this nature. In this regard, I refer to my “previous life” at Lovells, the publications with my name at JUVE, and my activities in recent years on my deal list.